The Autoclave facility was set up to allow composite research models to be set in the manufacturing process. The brand new ASC Econoclave 3×6 was delivered to the University of Michigan in 2004.
Key characteristics of the ASC Econoclave 3×6
- Working area of 3 ft diameter x 6 ft long
- 200Psig @800 of maximum working temperature
- CPC-NT computer control system.
- One Air temp thermocouple – Type J
- Eight part temp thermocouples – Type J
- One vacuum pump, 3ACFM, 29.5” Hg vacuum (sea-level)
- Three vacuum source ports
- Automatic cooling valve
- Two automatic pressure inlet valve
- One for compressed air
- One for GN2